Sunday, September 10, 2006

9/11 reflections

I suppose I can't let the five-year anniversary of 9/11 pass wtihout saying something -- if for no other reason than (I'll spare you the details) it began a chain of events that resulted in the blog you're reading right now.

Actually, I'll let Early Warning Report's Richard Maybury do the talking for me here. He's begun a project at his Chaostan website addressing the question "Why do they hate us?" Those of you familiar with Maybury's ouvre will find the material familiar, but others might find it an eye-opener. I've held forth in rather blunt terms on the phenomenon of terrorism elsewhere recently.

Suffice to say I'm not looking forward to taking part in 9/11 anniversary coverage, in which my profession will act as enabler for a nation wallowing in self-pity -- a wounded, helpless, pathetic giant, and not the great country it once was and still could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home